The current Star Tours is an immersive motion-based adventure that lets guests experience the thrills of space travel in the world of the Star Wars film series. The attraction opened at Tokyo Disneyland in 1989, and now after more than 20 years, it still remains popular among guests of all ages.
The main feature of the revamped attraction is that guests can enjoy the thrills of a new and unpredictable experience with every ride. The ride is comprised of several scenes, each with multiple scenarios for each scene that are selected at random. This means that guests never know what they will encounter out of the more than 50 possible story combinations for every ride. The attraction will also feature 3-D images for the first time, allowing guests to feel like they’ve truly entered into the world of the Star Wars film series.
- Opening date: Spring 2013
- Duration: About 4 minutes 30 seconds
- Capacity: 40 seats per cabin
- Number of cabins: 6 cabins
- Investment: About 7 billion yen
- Note: In preparation for this renewal, Star Tours will close as of April 2, 2012.