The Chuck Jones Experience is a nearly 10,000-square-foot destination that provides kids and animation fans of all ages with an extraordinary place to not only learn about the art of animation, but to discover the creativity and magic that’s inside us all. Designed to “Educate, Inspire & Entertain,” The Chuck Jones Experience takes visitors on a unique journey through Jones’ life, engaging guests with interactive exhibits, displays and learning experiences along the way. The Chuck Jones Experience is also home to the largest collection of original Chuck Jones animation and fine art anywhere in the world with more than 250 pieces on permanent display.
John Ramirez served as exhibit designer for The Chuck Jones Experience. A former Disney animator, Ramirez has worked on a number of projects for theme parks, attractions, museums, and expos worldwide.
“This attraction will give fans an unprecedented window into my grandfather’s amazing life,” said Kausen. “We are proud to make Chuck’s original artwork, a lot of which has never before been seen, available to the public. Visitors will have a great time learning all about the inspiration behind the creation of some of Chuck’s most beloved and enduring animated characters such as Wile E. Coyote, Road Runner, Pepé le Pew and many others. It’s an animation lover’s paradise.”
“The Grand Opening of The Chuck Jones Experience represents the culmination of a dream,” added Jones Clough. “We are so thankful to the developer, Neil Cantor, and the group of fans behind the project for bringing this concept to life. I know my father would have been thrilled to see The Chuck Jones Experience open, especially on what would have been his centennial year.”
The attraction includes a variety of exciting elements including:
- Chuck Jones Center for Creativity Learning Center – A 1,000-square-foot learning center where teachers from the field of animation and the arts lead creative projects.
- Chuck Jones Movie Theatre – A 1930s-style movie theatre where you’ll meet Jones via a short film introduced by one of his characters, the Connecticut Cat.
- Chuck Jones’ Studio – A recreation of Jones’ office where you’ll see how he worked and discover what inspired him to create his beloved characters.
- How Do You Measure Up? Room – Learn how characters are developed and view original key drawings Jones drew during their creation.
- Animation Alley – A multimedia wall where animation pieces are on display from the permanent collection of the Chuck Jones Center for Creativity and other animation studios.
- Acme Workshop – Create sound effects and voiceovers for a Chuck Jones cartoon at the Chuck Jones Experience Foley Stage.
“We are excited to welcome The Chuck Jones Experience to our collection of family-friendly entertainment offerings at Circus Circus,” said Don Thrasher, president and chief operating officer of Circus Circus. “This one-of-a-kind, interactive exhibit is sure to be a hit with guests of all ages, and we’re thrilled to introduce visitors worldwide to the wonderful world of Chuck Jones.”
For information about the Chuck Jones Experience, please visit http://www.chuckjonesexperience.com or on Facebook at chuckjonesexperience.
ABOUT CIRCUS CIRCUS LAS VEGAS
Circus Circus provides a fun-filled Las Vegas experience for all ages at an affordable price. The resort’s hallmark lies under their legendary Big Top, where celebrated circus acts perform as part of the world's largest permanent circus. Circus Circus features The Adventuredome, America’s largest indoor theme park, a variety of restaurants including THE Steak House, rated the best steakhouse by Zagat, and Rock & Rita’s, where flair bartenders enliven the scene, newly remodeled guest rooms and a wedding chapel. For more information, visit http://www.circuscircus.com