Dr. Lemke holds board positions, and has been the chairman of, Integrated Systems Events, LLC, a joint venture European trade show company, and InfoComm Asia PTE, Ltd., a joint venture company in Singapore operating InfoComm’s Asian tradeshows. He is the founding and current Chairman of the STEP™ Foundation, a jointly supported foundation composed with other industry associations to bring sustainability to the process of planning, designing, integrating and operating technology systems and reduce long-term environmental impact from technology deployment. He has also served as chief executive of ICIF, InfoComm’s charitable foundation.
On behalf of the Board of Directors, the Chairman of the Leadership Development Committee and Past President of the Board, Jim Ford, said, “We are proud of Randy’s extraordinary service to InfoComm International. During an economy when many associations are struggling to survive, InfoComm International has enjoyed tremendous growth under Randy’s leadership, quadrupling revenue and expanding our tradeshow presence to 10 shows worldwide. His leadership has taken us from being primarily a dealer trade association, to a global industry association for the entire AV value chain. His dedication to the industry has inspired all of us.”
Looking towards the future, current Board President Greg Jeffreys, stated, “Randy is leaving the Association healthy and well-positioned for continued success. Although we are sorry to see him go, we’re pleased he will continue to lead the organization throughout 2012, and we anticipate that even more innovations and exciting opportunities will come to fruition with his successor.”
The search committee for the new Executive Director will be headed by Tony Warner, Board President-Elect. Warner commented, “Our search will focus on a visionary leader who will maintain the strength and culture of the Association, while furthering our international presence and continuing to raise the profile of our industry. We will retain an executive search firm by the end of the first quarter of 2012 to conduct an extensive search, and we are confident we will be able to identify the best candidates to meet these requirements. At a later time an announcement will be made calling for any potential candidates to submit their materials to the search firm.”
In addition to initiating online education at InfoComm International, other highlights of Dr. Lemke’s legacy with InfoComm International include:
- An extensive international expansion, launching audiovisual exhibitions, events and education around the world, including Europe, Asia, Middle East, Oceania and Latin America. This expansion has contributed to InfoComm International’s current worldwide membership, representing over 80 countries, as well as increasing the Association’s size to nearly 120 employees in eight countries.
- Establishment of the CTS® certifications (CTS, CTS-D and CTS-I), accredited by ANSI under the ISO/IEC 17024 standard. These certifications are recognized worldwide as the leading audiovisual specialist credentials.
- Leading the development of industry best practices and InfoComm’s ANSI/ISO standards which raised the bar on the AV industry.
- Advancing the creation of the STEP Foundation, focused on encouraging sustainability to the process of planning, designing, integrating and operating technology systems, as well as reducing long-term environmental impact from technology deployment.
- Securing grant funding of $1 million from the federal government to launch an AV education program for community colleges.
- Introduction of several industry reference volumes -- starting with the revision to the 1983, Basics of Audio Video Design, to the recent publication of McGraw Hill’s CTS Exam Guide, these books helped establish InfoComm International as the authority of the AV industry.
Please note that at this time, it is premature for candidates to submit applications for the Executive Director/CEO position. Candidate requirements will be announced in the second quarter of 2012.
ABOUT INFOCOMM INTERNATIONAL