"This is a must-ride attraction for both families and thrill-seekers alike as the sense of soaring thirty stories in the air is both exhilarating and breathtaking at the same time," said Bart Kinzel, Carowinds' vice president and general manager. "The immense scale of this ride alone is truly stunning as it changes the skyline of Carowinds for the third time in as many years."
With the addition of WindSeeker, guests will notice several enhancements around the new ride, including:
- More than 15,000 square feet of pavers
- Midway shade structures with 20 new benches
- A new patio area outfitted with numerous tables and chairs for guests to relax, grab a bite to eat and enjoy the incredible view!
Guests can also look forward to two NEW live shows in 2012- debuting on June 9!
- Got County: An all-new contemporary country show featuring the newest country sounds.
- Rockin' the Decades: From the early sounds of rock to your favorite 80's hits…this show has it all.
Carowinds is owned and operated by Cedar Fair Entertainment Company, a publicly traded partnership that is listed for trading on The New York Stock Exchange under the symbol "FUN." In addition to Kings Island, Cedar Fair owns and operates ten other amusement parks, six water parks, one indoor water park resort and five hotels. Cedar Fair also operates the Gilroy Gardens Family Theme Park in Gilroy, Calif. under a management contract.