Scheduled to present at the Thea Awards ceremony are:
- John Lasseter, Chief Creative Officer of Walt Disney and Pixar Animation Studio and Principal Creative Advisor for Walt Disney Imagineering
- Joel Manby, President and CEO of Herschend Family Entertainment
- Kim Irvine, Art Director for Disneyland and Thea Award recipient for Lifetime Achievement
- Dr. George Fischbeck, longtime weathercaster for KABC TV.
- Nancy Cartwright, the voice of Bart Simpson
- Charles Phoenix, "Ambassador of Americana"
- Pete Doctor, director of Monsters, Inc. and Up for Pixar
- Jonas Rivera, producer of the Pixar film Up
- Michael Giacchino, composer of numerous films, shorts, and television shows for Pixar, Disney, and JJ Abrams' Bad Robot production company, as well as Disney theme park attractions Space Mountain and Star Tours: The Adventures Continue.
- Anthony Daniels, voice of C3PO and star of Star Tours: The Adventures Continue
Doug Barnes of the Season Pass podcast will be attending the Thea Awards for the second year in a row, recording the ceremony and conducting interviews for a future episode. A preview of the Thea Awards can be found here on Season Pass, with special guests TEA President Rick Rothschild (Far Out Creative), Thea Award ceremony executive producer Ron Miziker (Miziker Entertainment Group), and Thea Award Gala producer and creative director Ryan Harmon (Zeitgeist Design & Production)
20 YEARS, 20 ARTISTS, 20 VISIONS
The Gala will include a silent charity auction of 20 paintings by industry artists, celebrating the 20 years of the TEA. Here's a peek at the creation of one of these works by David Damron, an illustrator and painter who has contributed to numerous award-winning attractions over the past two decades.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON THE THEA AWARDS GALA AND THE TEA SUMMIT (MARCH 15-16), CLICK HERE TO VISIT THE OFFICIAL BLOG