Phase One – Opening Spring 2014
Discovery Science Center begins construction of Phase One – an $18.5 million expansion in winter 2012. The 40,000 square foot Discovery Pavilion will bring national distinction to Discovery Science Center as one of the most dynamic immersive, innovative and best science centers in the nation. Features include:
- 40,000 square feet of new space
- 4,000 square feet of remodeled space
- Welcome Center
- Launch Pad Science Store
- Enhanced Guest Services
- Showcase Theater
- Education Wing
- California Natural Resources Pavilion
- VIP Rooftop Garden
Look forward to these exciting new additions after the completion of Phase One.
|Life Science Hall|
|One of the world's greenest parking lots|
|Courtyard of Learning & Living|
The new expansion is expected to:
- Increase visitor capacity from 500,000 to 1 million annually.
- Increase revenue and strengthen sustainability by hosting national blockbuster exhibits.
- Enhance educational programs at the Center and throughout the community.
- Expand field trip capacity to over 210,000 students annually.